The Hawth Theatre Crawley
- Credit: Archant
Opened in 1988, The Hawth offers one of the liveliest and most diverse programmes of arts and performance in the south east.
The Hawth plays host to artists, musicians, dancers and performers from around the world, from household names and West End shows to artists presenting new performance, theatre, music, dance, comedy and film.
The Studio presents the best in contemporary theatre and dance, blues, folk, jazz and world music, children’s shows, workshops and community events.
Set in a 38 acre wooded site, The Hawth’s facilities include the Theatre (seating 855), Studio (seating 146), a permanent foyer exhibition space, 7 meeting rooms, Café Vita, two bars and an outdoor marquee and amphitheatre used for performances throughout the summer.
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 7 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
The programme of events includes over 350 performances and events a year, attracting over 170,000 paying customers to the venue. The quality, range and diversity of the events has established the theatre as one of the most respected venues in the South East of England.
The venue also boasts a state of the art digital Curzon Cinema in the Studio, screening blockbusters, art house films and world cinema and there is also a fully equipped Sway Dance Studio offering classes for all ages including Street Dance, Zumba, Ballet Tots, Musical Theatre and Pilates.
The theatre is regularly hired by both local and national businesses and arts organisations as a venue for conferences, exhibitions and events.
The Hawth is managed by Parkwood Theatres working in partnership with Crawley Borough Council.
To book ticket for any events at The Hawth or for more information please call The Hawth Box Office on 01293 553636 or visit www.hawth.co.uk.