The Holly Bush Inn Makeney
- Credit: Archant
‘A warm welcome awaits you at our family run pub, a hub for real ale drinkers and walkers alike!’
The Holly Bush is a traditional 17th century village inn and where highway man Dick Turpin is reported to have frequented on his travels.
Surrounded by some of the most glorious countryside in Derbyshire and on the edge of the Paek Distrcit, there is a dedicated walking section in the pub, so you can plan your next walk! Why not work up an appetite for one of our delicious homemade pies? With fresh home cooked food, a selection of fine real ales, the Holly Bush offers a great respite from a local adventure on foot. Take a step back in time and relax with warmth from the open fires, there is much to tempt you here.
We’re a CAMRA beer guide regular and have an ever changing selection of good quality real ales from local micro breweries, of which Derbyshire has many, and includes national award winners. Our famous ‘beer from the jug’ includes Marstons Pedigree and Ruddles County. We also have a guest cider alongside Westons Old Rosie, Stowford Press and Thatchers gold, Fruit wines, and a selection of house wines and non alcoholic beverages. Most tastes and Fancies are catered for.
- 1 The Norfolk Lights Express is back for spectacular winter train rides
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 9 great fish and chip shops in Norfolk
- 9 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 10 10 of the best afternoon teas in Norfolk
All our food is fresh and homemade on the premises by our in house Scottish Chef Darren McCredie. We use a fresh local ingredients from our reputable butcher and grocer who supply us with the finest quality meats, vegetables and dairy to ensure we maintain our consistent high standards. Our aim is to provide great value, wholesome and traditional fayre. A selection of award winning Pork Pies, Platters, Cheeseboards, Homemade Homity Pies and Filled Rolls are available at all times to eat in or take away.