The Lathkil Hotel
- Credit: Archant
The Lathkil Hotel is situated in the village of Over Haddon, 2 miles from the historic market town of Bakewell.
Perched on the hillside of Lathkill Dale it enjoys the most spectacular, unrivalled panoramic views of any pub in the Peak District.
The first records relating to The Lathkil Hotel’s history date back to 1828, when John Wildgoose was landlord of The Miners Arm Hotel. In 1882 Ester Wildgoose changed the name to The Lathkil View Hotel. With extensions and name changes over the centuries the hotel is known today as The Lathkil Hotel, family run for the last 31 years by the Grigor-Taylor family.
The unique and traditional bar overlooks the dale and provides a relaxed, friendly and inviting atmosphere whatever the season, with a roaring open fire to greet you in the winter. Five real ales are always on offer from famous names to local brewers. Whim Ales, Peak Ales and Everards Tiger are firm favourites.
- 1 How to spend a day out in magical St Albans
- 2 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 3 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 4 See photos of the last time Ladybower revealed its submerged village
- 5 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 6 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 7 Antiques Roadshow expert Ronnie Archer Morgan's incredible life story
- 8 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 9 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
- 10 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
Make the most of the English summer by relaxing in our Beer Terrace soaking up one of the finest outlooks in the Peak District. Whether you are looking for a spot of al fresco dining or just a refreshing drink it is the perfect place for meeting and taking in the beauty of this the area.
There are four en suite bedrooms, two benefitting from the wonderful view. All rooms are equipped with mini bar/fridge, TV/DVD player, hairdryer and tea & coffee making facilities. Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement in certain rooms.
With so many places to visit and experience, The Lathkil Hotel is the perfect base for exploring the local area and is ideal for those wanting to get away from the bustle of everyday life. Spend time just walking and discovering Lathkill Dale and beyond on foot - without even having to retrace your steps.
The Lathkil Hotel
01629 812501 or 814041