The National Marine Aquarium to host after-hours event
- Credit: Archant
The National Marine Aquarium is preparing for an evening of family fun with the first of its Aquarium Nights event of the year, Mad About Science starting on Friday 18th March
Celebrating British Science Week, visitors can look forward to a bumper-packed evening of science-themed activities, discovering more about the weird and wonderful world of science and the Aquarium through a number of talks and sessions. There will also be a show-stopping Big Science Demo, guaranteed to amaze and astound.
Visitors will also be able to take full advantage of experiencing the Aquarium’s exhibits after-hours, providing an ideal opportunity to see some its newest Shark arrivals.
Mad About Science is the first in a series of evening events held at the National Marine Aquarium in 2016, with further evening events will be held throughout the year on 31 May, 16 August, 17 August, 7 October and 29 October - all with a different family fun theme.
Victoria Spurdle, Sales Coordinator at the National Marine Aquarium, commented: “We’re delighted to announce details of our new Aquarium Nights events, kicking off with our science-themed evening during British Science Week. Mad About Science will be a chance for families to enjoy the Aquarium after its usual opening hours, and get stuck in with lots of science themed activities. And if science isn’t your bag, then we’ve got a great line-up of other themed Aquarium Nights events coming up throughout the year. We look forward to welcoming visitors from the south west and beyond to our after-hours events this year.”
Tickets for Mad About Science must be booked in advance. For more information and to buy tickets visit: www.national-aquarium.co.uk
Aquarium Nights’ events at the National Marine Aquarium will take place from 18:30 – 22:00 on:
18 March – Mad About Science
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 10 12 great places to eat al fresco in Suffolk
31 May - Family Slime Night
16 & 17 August – Fireworks Night
7 October – Student Night
29 October – Family Fright Night