The Old Grocery Restaurant, Hawarden
- Credit: Archant
Set in beautiful Hawarden village, The Old Grocery occupies a building that historically housed a butcher and grocery store (fondly remembered by Chef proprietor Rob) and has been part of Hawarden hospitality for over 30 years.
Our philosophy - Bringing together the traditional values of great quality seasonal produce and a service associated with a bygone era, with a modern interpretation of food and drink.
Our online booking system is open 24 hours a day and although less personal may be convenient to make a booking. We welcome children 12 and under for bookings up to 6:30 pm.
The owners, Rob and Kate
Following a short stint as a 14-year-old kitchen porter in this very building, and a chef apprenticeship 7 years later in, yes… this very building, Rob went on to discover the world. It turns out that his world is Kate and after working together for 18 years, including running two very successful businesses together, they have returned home to embark on a new albeit familiar adventure.
The Old Grocery, 68 The Highway, Hawarden, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 3DH
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn