The Old Grocery Restaurant, Hawarden
- Credit: Archant
Set in beautiful Hawarden village, The Old Grocery occupies a building that historically housed a butcher and grocery store (fondly remembered by Chef proprietor Rob) and has been part of Hawarden hospitality for over 30 years.
Our philosophy - Bringing together the traditional values of great quality seasonal produce and a service associated with a bygone era, with a modern interpretation of food and drink.
Our online booking system is open 24 hours a day and although less personal may be convenient to make a booking. We welcome children 12 and under for bookings up to 6:30 pm.
The owners, Rob and Kate
Following a short stint as a 14-year-old kitchen porter in this very building, and a chef apprenticeship 7 years later in, yes… this very building, Rob went on to discover the world. It turns out that his world is Kate and after working together for 18 years, including running two very successful businesses together, they have returned home to embark on a new albeit familiar adventure.
The Old Grocery, 68 The Highway, Hawarden, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 3DH
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex