The Old Grocery Restaurant, Hawarden
- Credit: Archant
Set in beautiful Hawarden village, The Old Grocery occupies a building that historically housed a butcher and grocery store (fondly remembered by Chef proprietor Rob) and has been part of Hawarden hospitality for over 30 years.
Our philosophy - Bringing together the traditional values of great quality seasonal produce and a service associated with a bygone era, with a modern interpretation of food and drink.
Our online booking system is open 24 hours a day and although less personal may be convenient to make a booking. We welcome children 12 and under for bookings up to 6:30 pm.
The owners, Rob and Kate
Following a short stint as a 14-year-old kitchen porter in this very building, and a chef apprenticeship 7 years later in, yes… this very building, Rob went on to discover the world. It turns out that his world is Kate and after working together for 18 years, including running two very successful businesses together, they have returned home to embark on a new albeit familiar adventure.
The Old Grocery, 68 The Highway, Hawarden, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 3DH
- 1 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 4 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly