The Queen’s School Chester Oil Barons’ Ball, Chester Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
Parents of The Queen’s School in Chester raised thousands of pounds at their ball at the city’s racecourse.
Over 300 guests entered into the spirit of a Texan-themed Oil Barons’ Ball and enjoyed Dallas-style cabaret as well as well as winning covetable prizes in the charity fund-raiser.
There was even a bit of line-dancing from school staff as a spirited fundraising gesture, followed by a disco into the early hours.
There were fundraising opportunities throughout the night including a ‘Heads and Tails’ game sponsored by Brabners Chaffe Street solicitors, a raffle and two auctions. The event was also sponsored by Wirral-based Mason McLean dry cleaners and Chester-based Andy Foster Architects.
The winner of the £2,000 Boodles Shopping Experience plus lunch at the Chester Grosvenor raffle prize was Jill Donnachie from Ness.
Sarah Clark, Headteacher of the Queen’s School, said: ‘We’re very grateful to the work of the QSPA and all the parents who came along to make the night such a huge success.’
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn