The Queen’s School Chester Oil Barons’ Ball, Chester Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
Parents of The Queen’s School in Chester raised thousands of pounds at their ball at the city’s racecourse.
Over 300 guests entered into the spirit of a Texan-themed Oil Barons’ Ball and enjoyed Dallas-style cabaret as well as well as winning covetable prizes in the charity fund-raiser.
There was even a bit of line-dancing from school staff as a spirited fundraising gesture, followed by a disco into the early hours.
There were fundraising opportunities throughout the night including a ‘Heads and Tails’ game sponsored by Brabners Chaffe Street solicitors, a raffle and two auctions. The event was also sponsored by Wirral-based Mason McLean dry cleaners and Chester-based Andy Foster Architects.
The winner of the £2,000 Boodles Shopping Experience plus lunch at the Chester Grosvenor raffle prize was Jill Donnachie from Ness.
Sarah Clark, Headteacher of the Queen’s School, said: ‘We’re very grateful to the work of the QSPA and all the parents who came along to make the night such a huge success.’
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 5 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 6 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 7 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West