Rochcare provides personalised care, accommodation and support - Pendle Brook is now open
- Credit: Archant
Rochcare is a family orientated and run business which has been operating since the early 1980s. Providing personalised care, accommodation and support in the North West of England for people aged 65+ and for those living with dementia.
Pendle Brook is Rochcare's latest addition to their ever growing portfolio, which opened in July 2019.The 5-star specialist Residential and Dementia Care home has 50 bedrooms located across three floors, Applegarth, Barleydale and Caldervale, with lift access to each floor.
Each floor has its own lounge for group activities. Barleydale and Caldervale have two other quieter lounges, whilst Applegarth houses the salon and is also home to the beautiful café 'The Spinning Jenny'. It has access to the stunning landscaped gardens which are perfect for meeting up with friends and relatives.
With its public coffee bar, job creation and commitment to buying local produce, Pendle Brook continues a long legacy of community work and is proud to be part of the Hyndburn community.
"Pendle Brook has been designed with centred care being at the forefront of the build. We have tried to minimise the stresses and confusions which are often associated for those living with dementia.
Maintaining dignity and independence for as long as possible is our main ethos. Some people still have misconceptions about care homes so we are keen to dispel any myths and for people to come and have a look around our home, meet with the staff and our residents," said Athar Mahmood Director for the Rochcare Group.
Pendle Brook has been carefully designed after considerable research into Dementia care, it enables individuals the freedom and the confidence to use their abilities for as long as possible in a safe and secure environment.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
Pendle Brook has been shortlisted for several awards including the Laing Buisson award for the category 'Residential care'. The Great British Care Awards for the 'Dementia Carer' category and also the Caring UK Awards 2019 for Excellence and Innovation in Dementia.
2 Haworth Street, Oswaldtwistle, Accrington BB5 3EA
T: 01254 311 777