The seventh annual Star Ball at the Hilton Hotel in Manchester
- Credit: Archant
Over 450 guests attended the seventh annual Star Ball at the Hilton Hotel in Manchester and helped to raise significant funds for two major charities.
The Hilton in the Community Foundation and the NSPCC were the main beneficiaries of the glamorous celebrity-filled occasion.
Guests were entertained by the cast of the musical Wicked, solo artist Janette Monroe and 60’s R&B group The Flirtations. TV presenter and patron of Hilton in the Community Foundation Christopher Biggins hosted the occasion.
John McLaughlin, general manger of the Hilton Manchester Deansgate, said he was delighted by the success of the night.
He said:‘Our seventh annual Star Ball was a resounding success having raised an incredible amount of money for two very worthy causes. I’d like to thank all our supporters - from the performers and celebrities to local businesses and organisations which donated wonderful auction prizes.’
The money will help the NSPCC to run its services and helplines for vulnerable children and young people.
- 1 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
- 4 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 5 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 6 Meet the new Devon stars of Channel 4 series
- 7 Nigel Haworth to return to The Three Fishes in Mitton
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 10 places to visit in South Derbyshire
- 10 Win a picnic hamper from Booths