The sixth annual British Art Portfolio Exhibition at The Sicily Oak Gallery
- Credit: Archant
The Sicily Oak Gallery in Cholmondeley once again proves the ideal setting for a summer art show
Delights were in store for art lovers who made their way to the sixth annual British Art Portfolio Exhibition at The Sicily Oak Gallery in Cholmondeley recently.
The ten day show was launched in style with a champagne reception to toast what is becoming one of the ‘must-see’ art gatherings of the summer season.
Over the past five years, the British Art Portfolio Exhibition has been bringing quality art to the heart of the Cheshire countryside thanks to an alliance between gallery owner Judy Bromley-Davenport and British Art Portfolio founders Amanda Lowther and Louise Newton.
Judy was initially asked to provide a location for the first exhibition and it has been so successful, their collaboration is now a source of ongoing pleasure for the organisers and visitors alike.
Judy is also involved in choosing some of the artists who are displayed during the eight-day show.
‘What I’m trying to do is bring really good, talented artists to the north west - and I haven’t seen anything matching this,’ she says.
- 1 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 2 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 3 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 4 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 5 How Louise Minchin will be spending Christmas 2021after I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!...
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 7 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 9 How a unique scholarship programme can improve your child’s education and future prospects
- 10 WIN £250 worth of Christmas food and drink
The exhibition which over ten days raised funds for The Tarporley War Memorial Hospital and Hope for Justice featured work from some exciting artists, including Jill Barthorpe, Sophie Bartlett, Ana Bianchi, Sophie Birdwood, Becky Bland, Francis Bowyer, Sue Campion, Kate Corbett-Winder, Margaret Devitt, Edmund Fairfax-Lucy, Annie Field, Catherine Forshall, Beatrice Forshall, Russell Gilder, Emma Haggas, Rose Harris, Florence Houston, David Imms, Christopher Johnson, James Kerr, Melanie Legge, Anne Lever, Anne Lynch, Fiona McAlpine, Tessa Newcombe, Jean Noble, Anne Parker, Emily Ponsonby, Chris Prout, Kate Rhodes, Richard Smythe, Jo Taylor, Josephine Trotter and Jo Vollers.