The Smallest Show on Earth at the Malvern Theatres
- Credit: Archant
A new musical comedy with music and lyrics by Irving Berlin, starring Liza Goddard and Brian Capron.
The Smallest Show on Earth is a brand new musical comedy inspired by the hilarious 1950s film starring Peter Sellers, featuring classic songs by Irving Berlin including Blue Skies, Shakin’ the Blues Away, Steppin’ Out With My Baby and How Deep is the Ocean, as well as some rediscovered gems.
Director Thom Southerland said “Berlin’s music provides the perfect accompaniment to our 1950s story, not only in lyric, but in style and period too.” The cast of the new musical comedy will be led by Liza Goddard (Take Three Girls, Bergerac, Grandpa in my Pocket) as Mrs Fazackalee and Brian Capron (Coronation Street, Where the Heart Is, Grange Hill) as Mr Quill. Also in the cast will be Haydn Oakley as Matthew Spenser, Laura Pitt-Pulford as Jean Spenser, Ricky Butt as Ethel Hardcastle, Philip Rham as Albert Hardcastle, Christina Bennington as Marlene Hardcastle, Sam O’Rourke as Tom Fazackalee and Matthew Crowe as Robin Carter, with Leo Andrew, Jacob Chapman, Matthew Dale, Nova Skipp and Leah West.
Newly-weds Matt and Jean Spenser inherit a cinema and think their fortune is made. But the Bijou, better known as the fleapit, is the victim of a dirty tricks campaign from its rival flashy neighbour The Grand. The Bijou’s benevolent manageress Mrs Fazackalee and unreliable projectionist Mr Quill combine with Matt and Jean to outwit the opposition and restore the Bijou to its former glory. Will they manage to make it a Blockbuster or will the whole venture Fade to Black?
Malvern Theatres are offering an exclusive discount to Cotswold Life subscribers. All tickets £16.80 (price includes 12% booking fee) for any performance of The Smallest Show on Earth: Monday 23rd to Saturday 28th November. Evening performances start at 7:30pm, Wednesday and Saturday matinees start at 2:30pm.
Book your tickets now for this wonderful, feel-good musical using exclusive discount code BIJOU online at malvern-theatres.co.uk or by phone 01684 892277.
Terms & Conditions
Discount code BIJOU may be used to book online or by phone.
- 1 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 2 Where to watch the Perseids meteor shower in East Anglia
- 3 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 4 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
- 5 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 6 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 7 4 of the best places for open water swimming in Hampshire
- 8 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 See inside this beautiful 18th-century barn conversion, on the market for £1.5 million
Book and pay before Monday 23rd November 2015.
Subject to availability.
Not valid in retrospect.