The South at Buxton Opera House
- Credit: Archant
As part of their Spring 2014 tour - ‘Sweet Refrains’ - The South will perform at Buxton Opera House on 22nd February 2014
Ex members of The Beautiful South, Dave Hemingway and Alison Wheeler, will be singing hits including ‘A Little Time’, ‘Don’t Marry Her’, ‘Rotterdam’, ‘Good as Gold’, ‘Perfect 10’ and many more from the back catalogue. This 9 piece band will also be performing several songs from their debut album as The South, Sweet Refrains.
Formed in 1988, The Beautiful South had a string of hit singles such as ‘Old Red Eyes Is Back’, ‘Rotterdam’, ‘Don’t Marry Her’, ‘Perfect 10’ and Number One single ‘A Little Time’. Their greatest hits album, Carry On Up The Charts, was one of the fastest-selling albums in UK history, entering at Number One and staying there for weeks, becoming one of the country’s most popular albums ever. After 20 years, ten studio albums, five greatest hits compilations, thirty-four chart singles, 15 million record sales worldwide and performing in front of millions of fans, when time was called on The Beautiful South in 2008, not everyone was ready to leave the party.
The South continue the legacy with their own vibrant style and 2014 will see them touring this new collection of songs alongside established favourites from their previous incarnation.
The South – ‘Sweet Refrains’
Saturday 22nd February
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 3 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 7 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 8 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 9 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
- 10 The 11 best Christmas markets in Somerset 2021
Buxton Opera House
Box Office: 0845 127 2190
Website – http://buxtonoperahouse.org.uk/Whats-On