The Wurzels take to the stage at Cheltenham’s November Meeting
- Credit: Archant
This will be the first time The Wurzels will be performing at the Cheltenham Racecourse
West Country legends, The Wurzels will be taking to the stage on Friday, November 15 after racing on Countryside Day, the first day of The November Meeting.
The extremely popular four-piece band will perform hits such as I am a Cider drinker, The Combine Harvester and The Blackbird for racegoers in The Centaur after racing for free for all Club and Tattersalls ticket holders. The West Country singers will be part of plenty of countryside-themed activities taking place throughout the day.
From local Hunt Parades, to Silent Auctions, Countryside Day offers a wealth of family entertainment as well as six quality races on offer. The proceeds of this special day shall be split between the Countryside Alliance and Equestrian Team GBR Tokyo2020, to help with expenses in the run up to the Olympic Games.
The Wurzels said, "It's much too long since The Wurzels performed in Cheltenham, so, don't miss out, come along and see us "Live" on stage at The November Meeting on Friday 15th November 2019."
Ian Renton, Regional Director said, "We are looking forward to welcoming The Wurzels to Cheltenham Racecourse for the first time this November. Countryside Day is one of our most popular days, and The Wurzels will be a great addition to the event - be sure to have straw hats and wellies at the ready."
The November Meeting is Cheltenham's largest race meeting outside of The Festival™ presented by Magners, and runs from November 15-17. The November Meeting Saturday hosts the feature race of the meeting, the BetVictor Gold Cup while The November Meeting Sunday is the famous Family Fun Day with plenty of entertainment, including appearances from the Minions at intervals throughout the day and the D-Day Darlings performing in The Centaur after racing.
For more information about Countryside Day and The November Meeting, visit cheltenham.co.uk. Tickets are on sale NOW.
For a full list of Wurzel tour dates, visit thewurzels.com/gig.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 9 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 10 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk