There’s a beach coming to the Cotswolds - and we can’t wait!
- Credit: Archant
Summer beach days are coming to Gloucester Quays, with four weeks of seaside-style fun for families and sports fans, kicking off Saturday August 5 until Sunday September 3
Every day for the four whole weeks Gloucester Quays will be packed with beach-themed fun and seaside-style sporting delights. Two glorious beaches are once again being created at Orchard Square, one for sporting activities and one for families and little ones to relax.
Pop-up beach huts will be selling tasty beach-themed food and drinks, plus every weekend, starting 5th August, will be a fabulous Beachcomber Market selling delicious food, treats and hand-crafted treasures, beach beats music and traditional Punch & Judy shows.
Matt Bird, Centre Manager at Gloucester Quays, said: “This is the first time we’ve run our beach activities for the whole of August and into September. Over the last few years our Rugby Beach weekend has become so successful and popular with families that, this year, we decided to extend the event for the whole summer holiday period.
“Every day will offer free sports coaching, games and activities for children, and delicious food and drink at our Beach Huts. Families with younger children can enjoy a more relaxed vibe in deckchairs on our sandy beach with buckets and spades. Music, entertainment and markets will add to the fabulous summer vibe for the weekends at Gloucester Quays.”
A rugby tournament extravaganza will take place over the August Bank Holiday Weekend with appearances from the Gloucester Rugby team and a unique chance to meet the stars as well as get photos and autographs on Saturday August 26.
Spending quality time with family and friends is the focus of Gloucester Quays’ new ‘Time Well Spent’ campaign, showcasing the picturesque historic docks location and unique lifestyle offering.
Matt added: “Gloucester Quays is the perfect place for spending time with family and friends this summer. With our exciting new stores, Ted Baker, Lindt plus Cote Brasserie restaurant, we hope our visitors will be wowed by what’s on offer.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces