Things to do in Dorset this weekend
Great things to do in Dorset this weekend: art exhibitions, walks, concerts, theatre, places to visit and other events and ideas.
DANNY BAKER: GOOD TIME CHARLIE’S BACK!
Following the extraordinary success of his Cradle To Grave tour Baker invites you to join him on his ‘uproarious whirligig of joy’.
24 May: Tivoli Wimborne 01202 885566
CALL MR ROBESON
Tayo Aluko reveals the extraordinary life of American actor and singer Paul Robeson and his heroic political activism.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
24 May: Dorchester Corn Exchange 01305 266926
25 May: Bridport Arts Centre 01308 424204
CURSUS CIDER & MUSIC FESTIVAL
Canada Farm at Sixpenny Handley hosts this live music event accompanied by local ciders, real ales and street food.
25 – 27 May: cursusfestival.com
BOURNEMOUTH 7S FESTIVAL
Rugby, netball, hockey and dodge ball teams compete in 12 arenas against a backdrop of live music at this famous event at East Parley.
25 – 27 May: Bournemouth7s.com
PURBECK PIRATE FESTIVAL
Join the Pirate & Mermaid Parade to Monkey Beach to watch the skirmishes between the Wimbourne Militia and Pirates. There’s a prize for best dressed pirates.
25 – 28 May
Stricly Come Dancing stars Aljaz Skorjanec and Janette Manrara celebrate the legacy of Hollywood song and dance legend Fred Astaire.
25 May: Lighthouse Poole 01202 280000
BILL BAILEY: LARKS IN TRANSIT
The brainiest comic of his generation shares his compendium of extraordinary tales and shenanigans gathered during 20 years as a travelling comedian.
26 May: BIC Windsor Hall 0844 5763000
Flying on the wings of their imagination, two girls and a boy embark on a standoff in this family-friendly dance performance at 3pm.
27 May: Pavilion Dance South West, Bournemouth, 01202 203630
SHERBOURNE CASTLE COUNTRY FAIR
This annual celebration of all things rural, held in grounds of Sherborne Castle, is noted for having one of the UK’s largest Rare Breeds shows.
28 May: sherbornecountryfair.com