Treefest 2013: August 24-26
- Credit: Archant
Treefest, Westonbirt’s signature summer event, celebrates nature, trees, woodcraft and family fun with activities and exhibitors showcased across this August Bank Holiday weekend.
Alongside over 100 craft exhibitors and a Food Hall filled with delicious produce, woodworking will be celebrated with a larger Working Woodlands exhibitor area and opportunities for visitors to try traditional woodcraft skills for themselves.
Big carving will return, with this year’s sculptors creating pieces inspired by fairytales, whilst family fun discovering a world of wooden wonders will take place across the weekend.
Families can follow a trail around the festival to enjoy storytellers and puppet theatre, watch falconry and - new to this year’s event - see axe carving and racing from The Welsh Axemen.
Local live music performed by bands from across the south west will also be on offer until 8pm on Saturday and Sunday and 5pm on Monday.
Camping for Treefest weekend ticket holders takes place in a newly refurbished Camping and Caravanning Club accredited site at The Holford Arms in the nearby village of Knockdown.
Just 1.5 miles from the arboretum, the campsite offers modern facilities and a family friendly, country pub atmosphere. A free shuttle bus will operate every morning and evening for campers wishing to travel to Treefest without taking their cars.
- 1 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 2 Why you should move to Bridlington
- 3 Castle Carr - Yorkshire’s mysterious hidden garden
- 4 Puffin Sculpture Trail comes to the Yorkshire Coast this summer
- 5 Andrew Flintoff returns to Preston to form cricket team
- 6 Win a bumper prize of Devon’s best food and drink
- 7 New Railway Children film trailer features stunning Yorkshire locations
- 8 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 9 The most luxurious places to stay in Cornwall
- 10 All you need to know about the 2022 Great Yorkshire Show
Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, Westonbirt, Gloucestershire. More details are available from www.forestry.gov.uk/westonbirt-treefest