Try A Boat Free! returns to Dartmouth
- Credit: Archant
Try A Boat Free! returns to Dartmouth on Saturday 24 May to Sunday 25 May from 10am to 4pm
April 2014 – Anyone wanting to have a go at boating can do so for free at Try A Boat Free! Now in its third year in Dartmouth, the event will provide a unique opportunity for visitors of all ages to experience life on the water, all for free!
Organised by the south west region of the British Marine Federation (BMF), Try A Boat Free! will take place on 24-25 May 2014 between 10am and 4pm at the South Embankment, Dartmouth.
With a variety of yachts, RIBs and motorboats available, visitors young and old can experience the complete range of activities on the water. With everything from fast RIBs to stylish powerboats, Try A Boat Free! provides anyone with an interest in boating with the perfect opportunity to learn more and get involved.
Qualified skippers will be on hand throughout the weekend to answer any questions and South Devon College Noss Marine Academy training officers will also be available, offering expert guidance for those looking for careers, apprenticeships or training opportunities within the boating industry.
The Royal Yachting Association (RYA) will also be offering free safety advice and tips, and boat buying advice from co-sponsors for the event, Yachting Lawyers & Boatshed Dartmouth, will also be available. Event sponsor Ribeye will have a variety of RIBs available ashore and on the water and there will be the chance to win a Ribeye tender on Palm FM 105.5.
In order to mark national watersports month, the 2014 event will be held in association with the RYA Push the Boat Out campaign. RYA Dinghy Sailing taster certificates will be awarded to those who take to the water.
- 1 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 2 Welcome to Cornwall's most expensive village
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 5 A Cotswold nursery bags three awards at RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 6 of the hottest property features for 2021/2022
- 7 Fish and chip shops in Dorset you need to try
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
Last year, over 550 visitors took to the water and the BMF hopes to improve on that figure again for this year’s event.