TV Chef Aldo Zilli to visit Bolsover Food & Drink Festival
- Credit: Archant
Celebrity chef Aldo Zilli will tempt Bolsover’s taste buds on 26th July when he will present live cooking demonstrations in the town. The renowned restaurateur will be the star of the line-up on the opening day of Bolsover Food & Drink Festival
Bolsover will be filled with market stalls and marquees brimming with food from all over the region.
‘I’m excited about the festival and looking forward to visiting Bolsover, meeting the people, and trying out the local produce,’ said Aldo, who specialises in Italian, seafood and vegetarian cuisine. ‘I hope visitors will enjoy the tips and recipes as much as I’ll enjoy preparing them,’ he said.
Also on the menu at the event, held on 26th and 27th July from 10am to 4.30pm each day, will be:
- World renowned beer guru and editor of the Good Beer Guide Roger Protz, who will host a series of master classes, providing tasting notes on some of the region’s best ales
- A new Bolsover beer, created by local brewery Raw
- Children’s cookery workshops from KidzKitchen
- 1 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 Win a modern Guernsey cushion cover kit
- 8 Cornwall's weirdest pub names
- 9 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- Stalls featuring a range of award-winning food and drink produce for visitors to taste and buy
- Music and entertainment
The festival will coincide with Bolsover Castle’s ‘Muskets and Masques: Charles I at Bolsover’ event, when the town will be buzzing with historical activities. This event celebrates a masque written by the famous playwright Ben Jonson for the royal visit of King Charles I in 1634. Bolsover Castle is run by English Heritage.
Entry to Bolsover Food and Drink Festival is free.
For more information visit www.discoverbolsover.co.uk