Ullswater Steamers, See the beauty of the Lake District by boat
- Credit: Archant
Ullswater ‘Steamers’ is an award winning environmentally accredited Lake District attraction celebrating over 150 years of operating cruises on England’s most beautiful lake.
We operate one of the largest heritage passenger fleets in the world offering visitors an experience they will never forget. Excellent facilities onboard and at the Pier Houses. Ullswater runs a serpentine course for eight miles through expansive vistas of Lakeland’s highest mountains. Helvellyn at 3,117ft (950m) crowns Ullswater, at the South-Western end of the valley, standing on a mighty plateau approximately 9 miles (14.5km) in length and 4.5 miles (7km) the ‘Steamers’ operate an all year service with varying timetable connections. Download our free commentary app to hear more.
10 minutes from J.40 M6 in the North and eight miles from Central Lakes Windermere to the South.
Open all year except Christmas Eve and Day. See timetable for opening times.
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire