Ullswater Steamers, See the beauty of the Lake District by boat
- Credit: Archant
Ullswater ‘Steamers’ is an award winning environmentally accredited Lake District attraction celebrating over 150 years of operating cruises on England’s most beautiful lake.
We operate one of the largest heritage passenger fleets in the world offering visitors an experience they will never forget. Excellent facilities onboard and at the Pier Houses. Ullswater runs a serpentine course for eight miles through expansive vistas of Lakeland’s highest mountains. Helvellyn at 3,117ft (950m) crowns Ullswater, at the South-Western end of the valley, standing on a mighty plateau approximately 9 miles (14.5km) in length and 4.5 miles (7km) the ‘Steamers’ operate an all year service with varying timetable connections. Download our free commentary app to hear more.
10 minutes from J.40 M6 in the North and eight miles from Central Lakes Windermere to the South.
Open all year except Christmas Eve and Day. See timetable for opening times.
- 1 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 4 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly