Ullswater Steamers, See the beauty of the Lake District by boat
- Credit: Archant
Ullswater ‘Steamers’ is an award winning environmentally accredited Lake District attraction celebrating over 150 years of operating cruises on England’s most beautiful lake.
We operate one of the largest heritage passenger fleets in the world offering visitors an experience they will never forget. Excellent facilities onboard and at the Pier Houses. Ullswater runs a serpentine course for eight miles through expansive vistas of Lakeland’s highest mountains. Helvellyn at 3,117ft (950m) crowns Ullswater, at the South-Western end of the valley, standing on a mighty plateau approximately 9 miles (14.5km) in length and 4.5 miles (7km) the ‘Steamers’ operate an all year service with varying timetable connections. Download our free commentary app to hear more.
10 minutes from J.40 M6 in the North and eight miles from Central Lakes Windermere to the South.
Open all year except Christmas Eve and Day. See timetable for opening times.
- 1 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 2 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 8 The best places to visit on a short break in Glossop
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds