Unusual racing event is back
- Credit: Archant
August 2015 will see the return of an unusual form of racing in the village of Cross.
Following on from the success of last year, YMCA Somerset Coast is bringing British Lawnmower Racing back to the village - and has even extended it for an extra day.
On 29 August the gates will open to a family day with activities for children of all ages, a classic car show for enthusiasts and amateurs alike, the beer festival and live music will begin and the racers will warm up with fun races.
Until the Monday the event will continue and the mower racers will begin their grand prix-style race line up. Headline bands will play on the Saturday and Sunday nights until midnight after family activities wind down around 6pm.
The kids field will be packed with face painting, a bouncy castle, arts and crafts, entertainers, fairground antics, soft play and more. There will even be segways and mud buggies for kids and grown ups and those who don’t want to just watch the racing.
Bands this year include Handsome Norman, King Tuts Revenge, Lauren Male, A Decade Late, FFuse, Get Out Alive, Giants Lay Buried, Hollow Moon, Momentum, Salt Flat Rats and Simon Harris.
The mower racing event really kicks off from the Sunday and Monday with limited racing on Saturday, but don’t despair there is still loads to keep you entertained.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
Prices are £10 for the whole weekend, £5 for single entry tickets.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on tickets and programmes.