‘Vamping in Vegas!’ from Cabaret on the Common
- Credit: Archant
Music lovers can kick aside their post-Christmas blues this January, as some of the most spectacular show-stopping tunes fill Ditchling Village Hall on Friday 16 and Saturday 17.
Fans of toe-tapping music are invited to don their posh frocks, DJs or indeed any costume that would be suitable for a piano bar on The Strip in Vegas and come along to Cabaret on the Common’s Vamping In Vegas!
Staged by Guy Dudeney and Jane Pemberton, with music provided by the Simon Gray Band and the dancers from FAME, aka Crystal’s Pistols. The programme ranges from sounds of Elvis, The Eagles, Nancy Sinatra, Simon &Garfunkel and Kenny Rogers to upbeat swing numbers ‘Come Fly With Me’ and ‘It Had To Be You’, the popular classic ‘Nessun Dorma’, iconic 40s favourite ‘A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square’ and Barbra Streisand’s ‘Don’t Rain on My Parade’ - all featured in a programme which includes just the sort of eclectic mix you might expect to hear in a Vegas piano bar. Appropriately, ‘Viva Las Vegas’ is the finale!
The cast includes swing singers Richard Clements and Duncan Allen, young tenor Calum Jones along with Jane Pemberton, Maxime Dudeney, Susan Fleet, Linda Jordan, Victoria Brewer and Guy Dudeney.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own drinks and canapés for a fun-filled evening. It’s for a good cause too, as all funds raised will go to St Peter’s & St James Hospice in Wivelsfield.
Tickets cost £12.50 and doors open at 7pm prompt for the audience to be seated by 7.15pm. To book your tickets please contact Jane Pemberton at email@example.com or telephone: 01444 243163.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 8 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 9 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 10 12 great places to eat al fresco in Suffolk