Rochdale Town Hall presents Victoria’s Christmas Ball
- Credit: Archant
Her Royal Highness cordially invites you to her royal ball to celebrate the greatest of Christmas traditions! Only the country’s most important lords and ladies have been invited to dine, dance and be entertained with the queen and her husband Albert.
A love story like no other. Queen Victoria, and the love of her life Albert have left an incredible legacy behind them.
Britain's longest reigning monarch (if you don't count that young whippersnapper Elizabeth) Victoria is possibly the most famous woman in the world.
Standing at barely 5 feet, this tiny lady held an empire in her hands.
The first royal to ride a train, switch on electric light and speak on a telephone she was truly a force to be reckoned with.
Known for her forthright opinions on politics and passionate rows with her husband, Victoria was the original girl power.
Quite the opposite from the dour and stern monarch, Victoria loved jokes that others found scandalous.
- 1 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 2 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 8 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 9 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 10 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York
Rochdale Town Hall is bringing you the chance to come face to face…well, if you crouch down a bit…with the diminutive monarch and see her in a brand new light.
Accompanied by her ever doting husband, A fun, raucous and hugely entertaining event we can promise you one thing…you will be amused!
The evening is suitable for ages 16+ and includes:
- Free parking
- Traditional festive décor throughout
- A royal reception drink
- Delicious hot and cold canapes
- Traditional 4-course meal
- Wine on your table
- First class music and entertainment
- Cocktail bar
- Your table to be used as a base for the night
- Free cloakroom
- Victoria and Albert characters
Fancy dress is encouraged!
£50.00 Early Bird until 6h December
General admission £65pp
The palace awaits
Friday 20 December 2019, 7pm- 1am
Saturday 21 December 2019, 7pm - 1am
Only a scrooge would miss this wonderful opportunity to enjoy delicacies from across the Empire, the finest Victorian entertainers and beautiful festive décor throughout. What the Dickens are you waiting for - book today!
Rochdale.gov.uk/events or call 01706 924797
The ticket price includes entry plus a 4-course set menu, specifically designed by our chef within the theme of the evening. All special dietary requirements can be catered for
Pressed Ham Hock Terrine
Black pudding, mixed leaves and an apple-mustard sauce
Stilton-stuffed Portobello Mushroom (v)(gf)
Mixed leaves and garlic aioli
Pan-fried Escalope of Turkey (gf)
Fondant potato, Vichy carrots, baby sprouting broccoli and served with a tarragon sauce
Provençale Parcel (v)
Filo pastry parcel filled with Provençale vegetables and topped with a goat's cheese crumble
Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart (v)
Rich and luxurious, served with fresh orange and crème analgise custard
Vanilla Pannacotta (gf)
Creamy and delicious, served with mulled berries
English tea and fresh filter coffee, served with after dinner mints