Virginia McKenna launches new Born Free blend for Coffee Real
- Credit: Archant
Independent coffee roaster Coffee Real has created a new Born Free espresso blend.
The new blend was launched at an Open Day at Coffee Real’s roastery, the Elephant House, in Horsham.
To celebrate the initiative, Virginia McKenna OBE, founder and trustee of the Born Free Foundation, roasted the first batch of the carefully selected green beans. Fifteen per cent of sales revenue from food service sales and 10 per cent of sales revenue from retail sales will go directly to Born Free.
Coldharbour resident Virginia McKenna established the Born Free Foundation with her late husband Bill Travers following their starring roles in the classic film, which told the real-life story of Joy Adamson’s efforts to return Elsa the lioness to the wild in Kenya.
It is a story that is loved by millions around the world and inspired the charity’s mission to keep wildlife in the wild.
Today, the Horsham-based charity works around the globe to protect threatened species and stop individual animal suffering.
*** The new Born Free espresso blend will be available from Coffee Real: www.coffeereal.co.uk
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 4 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 8 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 9 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Essex