Volunteers needed for Philharmonia Orchestra’s exciting music project
- Credit: Archant
Get involved with iOrchestra and participate in a fun musical project this Summer
Local volunteers are invited to participate in a music project which aims to bring orchestral music to new audiences across the South West.
iOrchestra, which is being hosted by the Philharmonia Orchestra, is a scheme running several free digital music activities in Plymouth, Torbay and Cornwall this Summer.
It will comprise of three main musical experiences; RE-RITE - a large walk-through ‘virtual orchestra’, MusicLab, a mobile pop-up where visitors have the opportunity to be a composer, performer, producer or conductor and a series of live public performances which will conclude on 13 July when the Philharmonia will perform a free hour-long open air concert in Truro.
The iOrchestra team needs volunteers to help with onsite support during the events, such as assisting with stewarding, hosting visits, and collecting and evaluating data. It is not a requirement for volunteers to play a musical instrument, but for those who do, there may be an opportunity to get involved with the RE-RITE event and play alongside the virtual orchestra.
Tanya Moore, who manages the Cornwall Music Education Hub, says: “For anyone with an interest in classical music this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with one of the most exciting musical initiatives taking place in the South West.”
Volunteering at the event provides a fantastic chance to get involved with one of the most innovative arts projects in the county and other benefits include flexible working hours and paid expenses of up to £10 per day.
- 1 6 of the best October walks in Cheshire
- 2 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 The Norfolk Lights Express is back for spectacular winter train rides
- 5 6 of the best October walks in Yorkshire
- 6 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 7 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 8 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 9 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
To apply or find out more visit www.iorchestra.co.uk