What’s inside the latest issue of Living Edge?
- Credit: Archant
Living Edge magazine January 2017 – FREE to read online now
Happy New Year! May your 2017 be filled with love, laughter and happiness.
Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? I don’t. I have never managed to make a change just because it’s January. I am forever deciding to do something, change something, learn something…but then life (and a tendency towards lounging around every moment I can) gets in the way, so I have given up making those kind of promises to myself. If I were to make any commitments, it would be towards adopting the Danish notion of hygge that’s been everywhere over 2016. We all do this to a great extent anyway, in seeking to make our homes comfortable and comforting, but having a name for it allows us to call it a style statement, and if it’s a style statement, then I’m all for it!
I was lucky enough to chat to Simon Stephens, the playwright who adapted The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, last month. He was marvellous, so it’s no surprise the play is marvellous too. Actually, there’s a New Year’s Resolution you should make – go and see it. You won’t regret it.
Whatever your plans and dreams for 2017, I hope they come to pass.
Kate Houghton, Editor
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
What’s On – January
People & Places
My Stockton Heath, Caroline Swain
Tasting Notes…The Vicarage, Cranage
Ooh la la – French dining comes to Altrincham
Hot tips for hitting the sales
Give us a hygge
Discover…Hourglass @ Harvey Nichols
Home & Garden
Lean in 17
Shine a light
North V South