What’s inside the latest issue of Living Edge?
- Credit: Archant
Living Edge magazine July 2017 – FREE to read online now
So, how many of you have planned to flee these shores this month and head for sunshine, sand and warm nights in a country where olive trees grow and sunflowers fill the fields? ‘Getting away from it all’ is somewhat of a national obsession, I sometimes think, with an endemic belief that doing nothing on a beach somewhere is the cure for all that ails us.
Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE doing nothing by beach or pool, but as a restorative for the other 50 weeks a year where my load is not lightened to a beach bag and water bottle, it’s not exactly long lasting. So, what to do? Plan to relax. There’s always plenty going on in Cheshire and Manchester, whether it’s an evening at the theatre, a day out discovering one of Cheshire’s stunning little villages, or attending an event at one of our fabulous country houses.
Of course, one of the biggest events coming up this summer in Cheshire is Rewind, the 80’s music festival that brings together a whole raft of the era’s greatest performers, live on stage, at beautiful Capesthorne. I caught up with Toyah Willcox, who is performing this year, and she tells me why everybody should go.
However you spend your summer, have fun!
Kate Houghton, Editor
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 3 Simon Reeve explores the Lake District his new series
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 7 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 10 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
What’s On - July
People & Places
Discover…Elixis Elite @ MediSpa Wilmslow
New in July
Home & Garden
Serve up a salad
All spa-ed up
The best they can be