What’s inside the latest issue of Living Edge?
- Credit: Archant
Living Edge magazine July 2017 – FREE to read online now
So, how many of you have planned to flee these shores this month and head for sunshine, sand and warm nights in a country where olive trees grow and sunflowers fill the fields? ‘Getting away from it all’ is somewhat of a national obsession, I sometimes think, with an endemic belief that doing nothing on a beach somewhere is the cure for all that ails us.
Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE doing nothing by beach or pool, but as a restorative for the other 50 weeks a year where my load is not lightened to a beach bag and water bottle, it’s not exactly long lasting. So, what to do? Plan to relax. There’s always plenty going on in Cheshire and Manchester, whether it’s an evening at the theatre, a day out discovering one of Cheshire’s stunning little villages, or attending an event at one of our fabulous country houses.
Of course, one of the biggest events coming up this summer in Cheshire is Rewind, the 80’s music festival that brings together a whole raft of the era’s greatest performers, live on stage, at beautiful Capesthorne. I caught up with Toyah Willcox, who is performing this year, and she tells me why everybody should go.
However you spend your summer, have fun!
Kate Houghton, Editor
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
What’s On - July
People & Places
Discover…Elixis Elite @ MediSpa Wilmslow
New in July
Home & Garden
Serve up a salad
All spa-ed up
The best they can be