What’s inside the latest issue of Living Edge?
- Credit: Archant
Living Edge magazine August 2017 – FREE to read online now
One of the reasons I love the summer months so much is that it’s so easy to leave the house. I know, that sounds daft, but just being able to slip on a pair of shoes grab my bag and go feels very liberating after months of wriggling into boots, wrapping up in scarves and wondering where my other glove is. This freedom shouldn’t, but does, trigger a greater degree of spontaneity. A trip to the park? Sure. Walking in the woods? Yup. A pub meal? Try and stop me. Amongst everything else I spent one very happy day at RHS Tatton, where discovering new garden inspirations and getting up close to tropical flora (and fauna) gave my photographer Celia and I great pleasure and our only concern was finding an ice-cream van. We did, you can rest assured.
As August arrives I look back on my happy July and wonder what this month might have in store. One thing I can say for sure – at least one day spent at Rewind Festival in Capesthorne. Oh the joy of singing along to my pop heroes of the 80’s! I shall also be enjoying some outdoor cinema and theatre; who needs to go away?!
Wherever and however you spend August, have fun.
Kate Houghton, Editor
- 1 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 2 How to spend a day out in magical St Albans
- 3 Heatwave reveals ancient Yorkshire bridge
- 4 See photos of the last time Ladybower revealed its submerged village
- 5 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 6 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 7 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
- 8 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 9 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 10 Where to find the best ice creams in Kent
What’s On - August
People & Places
The Addams Family
Discover…Thalgo Facial Ritual @ Serenity, Poynton
New in August
Do double denim
Home & Garden
Make it personal
Taking from the past
Simply the best