What’s inside the latest issue of Living Edge?
- Credit: Archant
Living Edge magazine September 2017 – FREE to read online now
Oh, I do love a good wedding! I was lucky enough to be invited to a glorious one this summer, for the gorgeous Chloe and Scott. It was a fabulous occasion and afterwards I pondered on why I had enjoyed it so much; like every other wedding I have attended there was the service and exchange of vows; fizz and canapés and chatting in the sunshine before sitting for dinner; food, wine and lots of cake; entertaining speeches and then a live band and dancing – so what made it such a stand-out occasion? I have come to the conclusion it was because the bride and groom were so relaxed and having such a great time themselves. In the weeks and months leading up to their big day they had worked hard to get every detail right, but on the day itself they just relaxed and had fun.
Surrounded by their favourite people, every one wishing them a wonderful future, why would they do otherwise? Enjoy the wedding, treasure your marriage – this is what it’s all about.
You may wonder what the photo is here. No, it’s not Chloe and Scott; it’s my grandparents on their wedding day in 1944. They had just six months to treasure being married before he and his entire flight crew didn’t make it back one night, leaving my grandmother a widow, three months pregnant. A sad story, but perhaps one to remind us that you can’t take life and love for granted – grab it while you can.
Kate Houghton, Editor
- 1 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 7 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 8 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Festive light switch-ons & festivities
- 9 The 11 best Christmas markets in Somerset 2021
- 10 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
What’s On - September
People & Places
Discover…Velashape @ Re-Enhance, Hale
Mr & Mrs
Ready for your close-up?
Nice day for a red wedding
Mona Lisa smiles
Home & Garden
Light up your life
No fall out
Choose the right school