5 things to do in Sussex this week: Top walks on the Sussex Downs
- Credit: Wildlife Encounters Ltd
With tougher restrictions on what we can do in Sussex in place once again, each week we’ll be featuring a selection of walks, things to do at home or places to visit all of which adhere to social distancing guidelines
This week we are featuring some of our best walks on the Sussex Downs. Please check all links before heading out as locations mentioned may be closed. Please also only travel to locations near you
Visiting the iconic figure is the highlight of this walk, but don’t let that distract you from the beautiful scenery that you will encounter on your journey around the South Downs.
Click here to view the details of the Wilmington walk.
Venture out on easy paths to gain a taste of Slindon Estate: downland fields, wooded tracks, and views to the folly on Nore Hill, built by the Earl and Countess of Newburgh during the first half of the 19th century.
Click here to view the details of the Slindon walk.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 A guide to moving to Somerset
Enjoy wonderful views of the South Downs and the Devil’s Dyke in this circular stroll near Saddlescombe.
Click here to view the details of the Devil’s Dyke walk.
Harting Down is a nature reserve and a Site of Special Scientific Interest, managed by the National Trust, so you will find plenty of woodland and wildlife on this circular downland stroll.
Click here to view the details of the Harting Down walk.
Visit three old churches and a castle ruin on this circular riverside stroll around Bramber and Upper Beeding.
Click here to view the details of the Bramber walk.
Click here for our full list of walks on the Sussex Downs.
For more information about any of the events listed above; how to get there, how to book tickets and prices, please follow the links in the event name.
We update 5 things to do in Sussex at the weekend every Monday. If you are in need of inspiration, bookmark this page for events from Friday through to Sunday.