Take part in the Wild Trent Challenge and help the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust
- Credit: Archant
Jack Roper, Derbyshire Wildlife Trust’s Individual Giving Manager, asks keen sportspeople for their help with a new summer fund-raising event
Exercise can keep us fit, healthy and do wonders for our mental health, so it's easy to see why more than 2 million people in the UK regularly don running shoes. Can it keep us wild though?
How would you like the chance to go on a physical journey through an iconic Derbyshire valley where you can discover your own wild spaces and fall in love with the wildlife you encounter?
If that sounds good, we think we've got just the thing for you. On 31st August Derbyshire Wildlife Trust is staging its first Wild Trent Challenge. A unique event where teams of two and three explore 9km of the Trent Valley on foot before taking to a canoe and paddling 8km downstream to the finish line.
The River Trent may now be cleaner than it has been for decades but nature is still in trouble with over 50 per cent of UK wildlife in decline. By taking on the Wild Trent Challenge you'll help to secure a wilder future - if all Wild Trent participants raise just £100, it could pay for the planting of nearly 3,000 metres of native hedgerow.
There are only 80 spaces for this fabulous fundraiser.
To take part visit www.derbyshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/wild-trent-challenge-2019 where you'll also find maps, fundraising and training tips.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 6 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 7 8 secluded secret beaches in North Devon
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire