Wimbleball Lake Country Park
- Credit: Archant
Wimbleball Lake, Exmoor offers a variety of activities for all abilities including watersports, angling, walking, cycling and relaxing.
There are many miles of paths following the shorelines of the lake, meandering through woodland and onto open moorland. There is also a wealth of wildlife to watch and discover. So whether you are looking for a leisurely stroll, an active cycle ride or a more challenging walk, there is something for everyone at Wimbleball.
The newly renovated facilities at this majestic Lake in Exmoor National Park offer first class facilities both on and off the water. Wimbleball Lake is a vast expanse of inland sheltered water, perfect for most watersports, all season training, land and water-based events, schools and youth groups and all round family fun.
The Outdoor + Active Centre is open for tuition in various watersports activities including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, and rowing as well as land based activities such as climbing and archery.
- 1 Kelvin Fletcher's Big Farming Adventure
- 2 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 3 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 4 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 5 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 6 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 7 5 of the best winter walks in and around Cheshire
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 9 Things you may not know about Sarah Beeny's New Life In The Country
- 10 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
Wimbleball is also a premier trout fishery offering angling from the banks and boats. There are often tuition days for beginners and improvers, and further details are posted on our fishing pages. This nationally renowned lake is regularly stocked with Rainbows up to 8lb to ensure excellent sport.
Wimbleball Lake was also nominated to be the first Dark Skies Discovery Site on Exmoor. Exmoor National Park has been designated an International Dark Sky Reserve, the first place in Europe to achieve this prestigious award and only the second in the world. The site offers fantastic star gazing with clear skies offering spectacular viewing.
The cafe, adjacent to the campsite offers an indoor retreat for light lunches, beverages and snacks whilst the play area is ideal for the younger ones to burn off some energy in the beautiful Exmoor countryside.
A campsite overlooks the water and welcomes holidaymakers and participants in watersports courses.