Wimbleball Lake Outdoor + Active Centre
- Credit: Archant
Wimbleball Lake, Exmoor offers a variety of activities for all abilities including watersports, angling, walking, cycling and relaxing.
The newly renovated facilities at this majestic Lake in Exmoor National Park offer first class facilities both on and off the water. Wimbleball Lake is a vast expanse of inland sheltered water, perfect for most watersports, all season training, land and water-based events, schools and youth groups and all round family fun.
The Outdoor + Active Centre is open for tuition in various watersports activities including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, and rowing as well as land based activities such as climbing and archery.
Wimbleball is also a premier trout fishery offering angling from the banks and boats. There are often tuition days for beginners and improvers clinics. Further details are posted on our fishing pages. This nationally renowned lake is regularly stocked with Rainbows up to 8lb to ensure excellent sport.
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 10 of the best beaches for swimming in Devon
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
There are many miles of paths following the shorelines of the lake, meandering through woodland and onto open moorland. There is also a wealth of wildlife to watch and discover. So whether you are looking for a leisurely stroll, an active cycle ride or a more challenging walk, there is something for everyone at Wimbleball.
Wimbleball Lake was also nominated to be the first Dark Skies Discovery Site on Exmoor. Exmoor National Park has been designated an International Dark Sky Reserve, the first place in Europe to achieve this prestigious award and only the second in the world. The site offers fantastic star gazing with clear skies offering spectacular viewing.
The cafe, adjacent to the campsite offers an indoor retreat for light lunches, beverages and snacks whilst the play area is ideal for the younger ones to burn off some energy in the beautiful Exmoor countryside. There is also a campsite which overlooks the water and welcomes holidaymakers and watersports fanatics.