Win your dream wedding at the award-winning Blackpool Tower
- Credit: Jason Lock
One lucky couple will win a £10,000 day to remember at one of Britain’s amazing landmark locations
The Blackpool Tower has teamed up with Lancashire Life to give readers the chance to win the wedding of their dreams!
The iconic Blackpool Tower, voted Lancashire’s Best Large Tourist Attraction of 2016, is giving away a VIP wedding day for one lucky couple and up to 100 guests.
The big day, estimated to be worth more than £10,000, will include:
* Wedding Cake
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks
* Make up
* Singer, DJ and live musician
* Wedding breakfast for the bride and groom and 100 guests* (see below)
* Hire of a suit for the groom and three groomsmen
* A voucher towards a dream wedding dress and bridesmaid dress
* Hire of jewellery for the bride
* Flowers for the bride and bridesmaid; button holes for the groom and groomsmen and an arrangement for the top table
* The choice of marrying either at the top of the 380ft Blackpool Tower with views as far as the Lake District or in the historic Blackpool Tower Ballroom, home to Strictly Come Dancing and a favourite with many high profile celebrities
* Option to pay extra for additional guests is available
To be in with the chance of winning the ultimate wedding of 2017, please answer the following question:
What is the tallest point people can get married here at The Blackpool Tower?
Simply send you answer to the above question, together with you name, email address, home address contact phone number, a recent photograph and the reason why you believe you should be the deserving winner in less than 150 words, to: Blackpool Tower Wedding Competition, Lancashire Life, Whitehouse, Greenhalls Avenue, Warrington, WA4 GHL. Alternatively email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Such a special day
One of the most unusual ceremonies took place at The Blackpool Tower in 1985 when an escapologist married his bride in a steel cage suspended from The Blackpool Tower.
Now it is your chance to create a memorable day for you!
Kenny Mew, General Manager at The Blackpool Tower, said: ‘We have hosted several weddings at The Blackpool Tower – both at the top and in our incredible Blackpool Tower Ballroom.
‘It is such an iconic location which offers something really special and very bespoke – and offers the most incredible backdrop for photographs.
‘As so many people have already enjoyed such memorable wedding days at our fantastic location we decided to open this opportunity up to even more people by teaming up with Lancashire Life.’
Steve and Lindsey Pickles got married at Blackpool Tower in 2015. Steve said: ‘Our wedding at The Blackpool Tower was such a memorable experience and one that our friends and family still talk about today!
‘We had our wedding ceremony in The Blackpool Tower Ballroom which was a really romantic setting followed by a reception at the top of The Blackpool Tower Eye. The views were out of this world! We then finished off the day back in the Ballroom with a party for all our friends and family.
‘Celebrating in such an iconic location really did make the day even more special and one that we will never forget!’
Terms & Conditions:
Closing date for entries is 31st March 2017
The winner will be notified by email before 3rd May 2017
Editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The date of the wedding will be dependent upon all suppliers being available and must be taken between the wedding must be taken on a Friday (anytime) or Saturday after 4pm before the end of December 2018.
Certain dates are excluded.
Winner must agree to allow The Blackpool Tower to facilitate photographs on the day of their wedding to be used for publicity purposes
For full terms and conditions visit our website