Wirral Witches eighth annual ball in aid of Claire House
- Credit: Archant
The founders of Wirral Witches (Women in Touch with Claire House) Mandy Molby and Jane Kirkham, hosted their eighth annual ball in aid of the children’s hospice.
The fun-packed evening at Thornton Hall Hotel raised over £45,000 and it means they have achieved their aim of buying a Variety Sunshine Coach for Claire House.
City Talk presenter and comedian Peter Price hosted the glamorous event which this year was sponsored by John Gallagher from Durastic Ltd with support from Hallmark Jewellers of Heswall.
Auction prizes included tickets for the SuperBowl, directors’ box tickets for a match at Anfield, a ‘meet and greet’ with tenor Alfie Boe and tickets to hear Andrea Bocelli, and signed football memorabilia.
Jane Kirkham said: ‘I’m delighted that this ball has raised so much money to support children with life-limiting illnesses and their families. Mandy and I would like to thank our sponsors, those who have donated or bid for prizes and most of all those who came along to support the occasion.
‘To be able to buy a Variety Sunshine coach really will make such a difference to the children at Claire House and their families.’
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 8 6 great walks near Skipton
- 9 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 10 5 great walks in and around Kendal