Withy King acquires Edward Pilling & Co
- Credit: Archant
One of Oxfordshire’s fastest growing law firms, Withy King, has completed its second acquisition in less than 12 months as it continues to strengthen the breadth and depth of client services.
Withy King, which has offices in Oxford, Abingdon and Thame, has acquired Edward Pilling & Co based in Headington. This follows Withy King’ acquisition of Wheatley firm, Whetter Duckworth Fowler, in December last year.
Edward Pilling & Co has built a strong reputation for its work in the field of residential and commercial property conveyancing, Wills and probate over the last 25 years. Led by Edward Pilling, the firm employs seven people who will all be joining Withy King.
“We are delighted to welcome Edward Pilling and his team to Withy King,” said Andrew Chalk, partner and head of residential property at Withy King.
“The firm is well respected locally and its services complement our own offering which is centred on the needs of our clients.”
Edward Pilling, who joins Withy King as a consultant, added: “Withy King’s approach to client care and service reflects our own ethos and we look forward to offering our clients the added value which comes from being part of a large, multi-service practice.”
The acquisition was completed on 30 September 2014. Edward Pilling and his team will continue trading from their office on London Road, Headington, under the Withy King brand.
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 7 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
Withy King provides a comprehensive range of legal services to businesses and private clients. Its three principal offices are in Oxford, Swindon and Bath. The firm employs 305 people, including 76 in Oxfordshire.