Yeovil children test out Grass Royal's new sports wall
Dozens of children came to test out a new sports wall which opened at Grass Royal in Yeovil. An area has been transformed by South Somerset District Council with a built-in football goal, baskbasketball hoop and tarmac surface
Dozens of children came to test out a new sports wall which opened at Grass Royal in Yeovil.
An area next to Grass Royal play area has been transformed by South Somerset District Council with a built-in football goal, basketball hoop and tarmac sports surface.
Following the official launch, where district and town councillors joined Grass Royal pupils, the facility is now open for the community to use at any time.
The �7,000 project has been funded by allocations from Section 106 agreements made when local planning applications were approved in order to address a shortfall in youth provision in the area.
It has been taken forward in partnership with Yeovil Town Council, which manages the site.
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
Cllr Tony Lock, South Somerset District Council ward member and town councillor said, “There are many youngsters and families living in the area so I know this will make a real difference. Having somewhere to go and play sport, for free, is important and I’m pleased to see that it is now open for all to use. It also shows that we are working with developers to make sure that new developments bring lots of wider benefits, such as community facilities, to our area.”
More information on sports and leisure in South Somerset can be found at http://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/ .