A message from Yorkshire Life editor Kathryn Armstrong: We’re #ThereWithYou
- Credit: Archant
For however long this current situation lasts we want to assure our readers and followers that we will strive to bring you the best of Yorkshire and our county’s amazing community spirit.
As we jump into another stretch of lockdown, another edition of Yorkshire Life has headed to the printer. As someone who always works from a home office, life in some ways hasn’t changed at all.
But the view from the window has changed considerably in the past few weeks. No people. No children playing. Lots of delivery vans and a bit of excitement when the bins are emptied. Social life is basically the Thursday night two-minute clapping gathering or a shouty exchange over the hedge-clipping. Definitely not life as we know it.
Keeping me sane is setting sail on the next edition of Yorkshire Life. If we can do our bit to chart a course through the choppy waters we’re enduring, then our job is done. Life in Yorkshire will carry on and be brighter soon, if a little different.
There’s still plenty to talk about, excite and marvel over in our world of the new normal. People are doing amazing things in this time of adversity and we hope we can support them and offer you some cheer along the way.
I think one of the best things about now is that we’re going at a slower pace for a change; the brakes are on and that has to be good.
I’ve painted my garden shed and am now seriously considering hunting down a jigsaw with a big Yorkshire view. As you do!
Wishing you all well #therewithyou
- 1 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 6 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 7 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
Don’t forget – you can share a bit of Yorkshire with friends or family by subscribing to six issues for just £10 so why not arrange for our magazine to be delivered direct to your door or show someone you love that they are in your thoughts by gifting them a subscription? For more details go to www.subscriptionsave.co.uk