Yorkshire Properties - Shepherd Homes
- Credit: Archant
Based in York, Shepherd Homes is part of the Shepherd Group - one of the leading family-owned, private businesses in the UK.
Founded by Frederick Shepherd in York in 1890, the Group’s operations in national and international markets include substantial operations in construction, engineering, manufacturing, property development and modular buildings.
Shepherd Homes has developed a strong reputation for building thoughtfully designed properties in sought after locations. Operating throughout Yorkshire and the North East, the company has a diverse portfolio of 12 prestigious developments featuring a range of luxurious homes constructed to suit modern lifestyles, including stylish 2 bedroom apartments near the city centre, generous 3 and 4 bedroom family homes in the countryside and impressive 5 and 6 bedroom homes built in some of the most desirable areas in the UK.
Their homes combine desirable locations with timeless design and traditional craftsmanship. They have completed hundreds of developments, of varying sizes and styles, each with its own character. Their current range includes a wide choice of stylish homes in carefully selected rural and urban settings.
Thoughtful planning is at the heart of what Shepherd Homes do. Demonstrating this in the way they design each individual home and equally in the way their developments harmonise with the surrounding environment. Preserving natural features is a primary aim, and wherever possible Shepherd Homes conserve existing buildings of character as integral parts of their developments.
Shepherd Homes have won numerous National House Building Council (NHBC) ‘Pride in the Job’ Awards and Commendations for site supervision, plus many awards for design and service including the coveted Express Newspaper ‘House Builder of the Year’ accolade.
- 1 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 2 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 9 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex