Young Creative Chevrolet awards night, Dukes 92, Manchester
- Credit: Archant
World-famous Chevrolet chose Manchester for a very special occasion recently.
The city was given the privilege of hosting the winners of the pan-European art and design contest Young Creative Chevrolet for a weekend of art - and football!
Winners of the prestigious competition, launched in 2007 with the aim of fostering creativity and supporting emerging artists in early in their careers, enjoyed a packed programme of events.
To set the mood for the weekend, the 21 European YCC 2013 winners and special guests – (including Living Edge editor Janet Reeder) were treated to a private tour of Old Trafford, the fabled home ground of Premier League champions Manchester United.
They were joined by former star player and Manchester United “Legend” Denis Irwin, who played with the club from 1990 to 2002, on YCC Award Night at Duke’s 92.
Chevrolet Europe Communications Director Vijay Iyer presented awards to the European YCC 2013 winners in Fashion, Photography, Video and Visual Arts.
Iyer said: ‘We are especially proud of this year’s winners, who responded to the creative briefs with verve and energy, reflecting the true football-fan experience. It’s always inspiring to see how young artists and designers approach the Chevrolet brand and, in this case, our support of football fans around the world.’
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
The contest theme was originally inspired by Chevrolet’s increased support of football and its fans through sponsorship of U.K. Premier League teams Manchester United and Liverpool FC, the U.S. Soccer Federation and the ambitious One World Futbol Project.
For more information on the YCC contest visit youngcreativechevrolet.eu or facebook.com/youngcreativechevrolet