Which Cheshire Golf Club is Harry Styles a member of?
- Credit: Archant
One Direction star is a keen golfer and wants to see others take up the sport
Elizabeth Bridge runs Heyrose Golf Club with husband, Chris, and father-in-law, Eric
Some golf clubs attract the Jimmy Tarbucks and Brucies of the showbiz world but Heyrose Golf Club boasts 21-year-old superstar Harry Styles as a member.
Of course, they’re hush-hush about just when the One Direction hearthrob will turn up for a game but Elizabeth says that Harry, who has been a member there since he was around 12-years-old is keen to see other youngsters follow his example, so he will gladly allow the club to use his name.
Having Harry Styles and a number of high profile celebrities as members isn’t the only achievement Heyrose Golf Club can be proud of because this year marks its 25th birthday.
Eric Bridge, now aged 91, was such a keen amateur he decided to open a club in Tabley near Knutsford and it remains a family run business.
Elizabeth and husband Chris are now at the helm and it continues to welcome a broad spectrum of members, including youngsters who are allowed to play in adult competitions.
- 1 4 fab places to dine in Devon
- 2 Waterfalls, Weirs and Cascades of the Peak District
- 3 Devon coast to star in new Ainsley Harriott series on Channel 4
- 4 Win a champagne and jewellery shopping day in Harrogate worth £500
- 5 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
- 6 These are the Cornwall beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 7 10 wonderful walks around the Cotswolds
- 8 Top celebrity craft makers head for Devon festival
- 9 Win a short break at Wrea Head Hall on the edge of the North York Moors
- 10 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
‘Harry joined because we have a really active junior section and have a slightly different policy to other golf clubs in that we allow teenagers to play in adult competitions. The downside is that the youngsters usually win!’ laughs Elizabeth.
‘It was quite a bold thing for my father-in-law and my husband to do when they opened the club but we have all really enjoyed building the business up.
‘Eric took about five years designing and building the course. He had purchased the land with the intention of building a golf course and said this was the perfectly undulating landscape.
‘It has changed over the years. The trees that were first planted here are now much more mature and they have added definition to the course. And we treat our members with discretion. When Harry comes here nobody bothers him. Well, they’ve known him for years. He can have a normal life here.’
Heyrose Golf Club, Budworth Road, Tabley, Cheshire. WA16 0HZ www.heyrosegolfclub.com