Wild in Style
- Credit: Archant
Holiday in a Yurt or Gypsy Caravan - hassle free and natural..
With a wood burning stove, comfortable bed/settees, wooden floor, lockable door, fully equipped kitchen, dining table and chairs, BBQ area and seating - all this with Lake Windermere less than a minute’s walk away. you will be able to switch off from the pressures of life.
We love the outdoors and adventures. We hope to give you both - seeing the magnificent Lake District in a new and interesting way and having a unique experience that will leave you with a smile on your face.
All our structures are different in style, design and materials - we have a Yurts, Yurts with double bedrooms attached, Gypsy Caravans, a Moroccan Berber tent and a Geodesic dome.
- 1 Review: Edgar House, Chester
- 2 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 3 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 4 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 5 Cotswold guided walks: The benefits of walking with friends
- 6 Isle of Wight to star in new Ainsley Harriott series on Channel 4
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 Don't miss Hampton Court Palace's divine tulip display this spring
- 10 10 reasons you should visit Canterbury
With Hawkshead and Ambleside only 4 miles away and nestled on the shores of Lake Windermere; from the campsite at Low Wray you are never that far away from a fantastic activity whatever the weather.
A storm raging yet feeling oh so comfortable..feeling tired and lying down on a bed. feeling cold so putting another log on the wood burner. Star gazing out of the crown... It is all this and more; now that your sleeping is sorted you just need to look at all the many things that can be enjoyed in the local area.
What we offer is a touch of luxury but more importantly now your car is free to take all those extras that normally wouldn’t fit in! Stay in one of our Yurts or Gypsy Caravans and we take care of everything... Leaving you with space, time and comfort to be close to nature and see the Lake District at its best.
“..as an indication of how much they enjoyed it, you’ll be pleased to hear the children said they didn’t want to go home and wanted to live full time in the yurt”
“Thanks for making our break so lovely. The yurt was fantastic and just what we needed to escape for a few quiet days away. It was such a nice cosy space and the wood burner was a godsend for some cold rainy nights”