Brand New Naze Centre at Naze in Walton
- Credit: Archant
Essex Wildlife Trust’s new visitor centre at Walton’s historic Naze opened in late May
Essex Wildlife Trust’s new visitor centre at Walton’s historic Naze opened in late May.
The Naze Centre is a state-of-the-art visitor and education centre, open daily throughout the year from 9am to 5pm, which will see an official opening follow this September.
The centre provides information and facilities for visitors to the Naze, as well as running events and educational facilities for a wide range of school and college groups. The Naze is one of the textbook case studies, covering wildlife, fossils, geology, coastal processes and coastal communities. In late summer and early autumn, it is one of the best locations in the country to see migrant birds, such as flycatchers and wryneck.
Essex Wildlife Trust has visitor centre and education staff based at The Naze Centre while volunteers will also play an integral role. Events coming up in July include guided walks, fossil hunts and litter picks.
Lisa Smart, Essex Wildlife Trust’s operations manager, said: ‘We are very excited to have opened The Naze Centre. The Naze is a wonderful corner of Essex and the centre will be a focal point for it, championing the rich history, natural history and more. We would like to thank all contributors to the project, especially our major funder, the Coastal Communities Fund, and our project partners, Tendring District Council and the Naze Management Board.’
The Naze Centre is at The Naze, Old Hall Lane CO14 8LE. Call 01255 679379. It is the 11th visitor centre to be opened by Essex Wildlife Trust in the county. For details of all of Essex Wildlife Trust’s events across Essex, visit www.essexwt.org.uk/whats-on.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 6 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 Win tickets to BBC Gardeners' World Spring Fair
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 Rare gold medal of Nelson's Norfolk protégé expected to sell for up to £80,000
- 10 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey