Sussex Wildlife Trust - April 2016 events
- Credit: Archant
A selection of fantastic Sussex Wildlife Trust events on offer this April
Wild Woodies Spring Holiday Club
A fantastic day of outdoor activities for children aged between 6 and 11 years old at the Wild Woodies Spring Holiday Club this Easter (between 30 March and 7 April). At four different locations in Sussex – Woods Mill Henfield, Seven Sisters Country Park at Eastbourne, Tilgate Park in Crawley and Stanmer Park, Brighton there will be a range of nature based activities including rock pooling, woodland walks, a mini beast hunt, clay modelling, fire lighting and wood carving.
Booking is essential for all our Wild Woodies days out. Parents can drop their children off for the day but times vary at the different locations so be sure to check.
A morning of Forest Fun on 5 April at Seven Sisters Country Park, near Eastbourne for youngsters aged between 5 – 11 years old who must be accompanied by an adult. Or why not visit the Brighton Swimming Centre on 7 April for an hour long Undersea Explorers session. Trained staff and volunteers will teach children aged 7 – 11 years old basic snorkelling skills as they guide them through the pool which will be filled with artificial, but life- like marine plants and animals including starfish, crabs and jellyfish – an opportunity to learn about our marine life through games and other fun activities. Booking essential.
Raptors, Badgers and a Safari
- 1 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 4 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 5 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 8 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
Sussex Wildlife Trust is also running a range of courses for adults during the month with the opportunity to learn about birds of prey – A Beginners Guide to Raptors, 8 April; spend An Evening with Badgers in Sussex woodland on 25 or 27 April; or to join the Sussex Bird Safari on 29 April.
All these events are booking essential and costs, availability, booking and other details can be found on our website: www.sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk/whatson