Sussex Wildlife Trust - April 2016 events
- Credit: Archant
A selection of fantastic Sussex Wildlife Trust events on offer this April
Wild Woodies Spring Holiday Club
A fantastic day of outdoor activities for children aged between 6 and 11 years old at the Wild Woodies Spring Holiday Club this Easter (between 30 March and 7 April). At four different locations in Sussex – Woods Mill Henfield, Seven Sisters Country Park at Eastbourne, Tilgate Park in Crawley and Stanmer Park, Brighton there will be a range of nature based activities including rock pooling, woodland walks, a mini beast hunt, clay modelling, fire lighting and wood carving.
Booking is essential for all our Wild Woodies days out. Parents can drop their children off for the day but times vary at the different locations so be sure to check.
A morning of Forest Fun on 5 April at Seven Sisters Country Park, near Eastbourne for youngsters aged between 5 – 11 years old who must be accompanied by an adult. Or why not visit the Brighton Swimming Centre on 7 April for an hour long Undersea Explorers session. Trained staff and volunteers will teach children aged 7 – 11 years old basic snorkelling skills as they guide them through the pool which will be filled with artificial, but life- like marine plants and animals including starfish, crabs and jellyfish – an opportunity to learn about our marine life through games and other fun activities. Booking essential.
Raptors, Badgers and a Safari
- 1 How to spend a day out in magical St Albans
- 2 Antiques Roadshow expert Ronnie Archer Morgan's incredible life story
- 3 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
- 4 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 5 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 6 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 7 See photos of the last time Ladybower revealed its submerged village
- 8 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 9 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
- 10 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
Sussex Wildlife Trust is also running a range of courses for adults during the month with the opportunity to learn about birds of prey – A Beginners Guide to Raptors, 8 April; spend An Evening with Badgers in Sussex woodland on 25 or 27 April; or to join the Sussex Bird Safari on 29 April.
All these events are booking essential and costs, availability, booking and other details can be found on our website: www.sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk/whatson