WORLD RENOWNED WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHER SUPPORTS THE TRUST
Winner of a BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year award, Jose B. Ruis is to give a series of illustrated talks locally in the New Year in aid of Cornwall Wildlife Trust.
Jose B. Ruis is one of Spain’s most world renowned nature photographers and has received a number of international awards, including the BBC’s Wildlife Photographer Innovation Award for his stunning image of a white stork on a nest at night.
He has worked as cameraman for television wildlife documentaries, and is author of books on nature and landscape photography and the wildlife of Spain, working with Planet Earth Pictures and Oxford Scientific Films. In 1993 he began to work exclusively for the BBC’s Natural History Unit at Bristol. He is also president of several international Nature Photography Societies.
Fascinated by wildlife since childhood, Jose B. Ruis has captured all types of animals, from snails to lynx, plus the underwater life in the Mediterranean, the landscapes and plants of Spain’s national parks, historical sites and festivals. He has particularly featured the effects of tourism and development along the coast.
Jose B. Ruis will be giving his illustrated talks in 2017 at Wadebridge Town Hall on Friday January 27; at Cuddra WI Hall, St. Austell, on Saturday January 28; and on Sunday January 29, at Chacewater Village Hall. All talks begin at 7pm and proceeds from the tickets, cost £5, will be going to Cornwall Wildlife Trust, the county’s leading wildlife charity.
Dave Thomas from Restormel local group for the Cornwall Wildlife Trust says,
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Lancashire and the Lake District dominate the 2021 National Food Awards top 100 listings
- 8 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 9 Theatre review: Bat Out of Hell The Musical
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
“We are very fortunate to have one of Spain’s top Nature Photographers visit Cornwall and to offer to give these talks in aid of Cornwall Wildlife Trust. It is an event not to be missed by any photographer, particularly those interested in working with wildlife.”
For tickets and more information please contact Dave Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
or send a cheque to Mr D Thomas, at Mirador, Whitecross, Newquay TR8 4LW.