Yorkshire Life Reader Photos - May 2012
A gallery of some of the brilliant pictures taken this month by Yorkshire Life readers
Back in January we asked you to help us create a lasting record of what life was like in Yorkshire in this special year and you have risen to the challenge brilliantly.
The Olympics and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee are two of the major landmarks in the calendar and both will have an impact felt across Yorkshire, with parties and events planned all over the county.
We asked readers to send their pictures of the county to help us create a comprehensive picture of Yorkshire in 2012 – and the response has been staggering.
Scores of brilliant photographs have been uploaded to our website showing the people and places, flora and fauna, scenery and seaside that makes this such a special county.
The examples on these pages are just some of the wonderful pictures that have been added in recent weeks and we’d love if you were inspired to pick up your camera the next time you are out about around our great county.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 6 Win a two-night stay for two at the Telegraph Hotel in Coventry
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of Wat Tyler Country Park by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 9 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 10 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
The print version of this article appeared in the May 2012 issue of Yorkshire Life
We can deliver a copy direct to your door – order online here