#ThisisEssex film is launched
- Credit: Archant
A new film, #ThisisEssex, has been launched by Visit Essex and Essex County Council to transform perceptions of Essex
As part of an ongoing strategy, the people of Essex have stepped forward to showcase real Essex and dispel the county’s outdated stereotypes.
A female rally driver, vintner, oysterman and scientist have all taken part in the film, to demonstrate what a culturally rich and diverse county Essex is.
Each star of #ThisisEssex has picked apart a particular stereotype - from boys racers to white stilettos - and turned the typecast on its head quite cleverly.
The film, which aims to get people to ‘take a second look at Essex’, also celebrates real Essex and showcases the diverse talent that thrives in the county, from leading comedian and actress Ellie Taylor to Michelin starred chefs the Galvin Brothers.
Plus, some of the county’s must stunning visitor attractions and backdrops feature.
Spearheading the campaign is Councillor Mark Durham, Vice Chairman, Visit Essex, who is very proud of his Essex roots and is determined to transform the stereotype.
- 1 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 2 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 3 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 5 Great pubs with pretty beer gardens in Kent
- 6 21 of the best places to eat al fresco in Hampshire
- 7 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 10 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
He says: ‘Essex has been much maligned for a long time, but it’s time for change.
‘Essex is a diverse county; the people and places that make up the county are very different, that’s why it’s vital for us to stand together and demonstrate the extraordinary people and places Essex has to offer.’