10 ways a creative writing retreat can benefit you
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Is there a story inside you, waiting to get out? Join Wendy and Cathie on a creative writing retreat in Abruzzo, the heart of Italy.
Wendy Ridolini of Sunflower Publishing and Cathie of Creative Writing Matters reveal 10 ways that a writing retreat can help nurture your creativity!
1. Enjoy a week of writing and relaxation in this spectacular region of Italy
Rich and authentic in its culture and history, Abruzzo will open your eyes to the hidden potential in your writing. Explore medieval hilltop towns, snow-capped mountains, national parks, sandy beaches and of course, designer shops.
2. Feel inspired by the breath-taking views
Feel inspired as you wander through lavender-lined terraced gardens to the swimming pool. There are no interruptions or distractions here. You are free to write as much or as little you want. It’s the perfect place to focus on creating your story.
3. Attend interactive morning workshops on creative writing
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 10 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
We can offer advice and tips on how to plan your story, build your characters and develop your plot. Discover how to express thoughts, feelings and emotions in your writing.
4. A writing retreat brings people together
The retreat can bring people together from all walks of life, backgrounds and cultures – it’s a great place to share your writing journey with others.
5. Time to reflect on who you are as a writer
It gives time to reflect on who you are as a writer, how you can engage with your readers and the message you wish you share through your story. As a result, you’ll get to know yourself better and find your unique voice.
6. Our workshops include information and advice about how to self-publish
From designing eye-catching covers, formatting to launching your book on different platforms or even producing an audio book.
7. You will have access to guidance and feedback throughout your stay
We offer one-to-one support, providing an unbiased, professional critique of your work to help validate your writing. Help, guidance and motivation are always on hand.
8. You can take part in live Q & A sessions with published authors
Find out about their writing journey, learn more about the industry, and apply their tips to your writing process.
9. Discover how to share your story with the world
We will demonstrate how to create a successful marketing strategy to promote your book and provide you with the tools you need to reach your readers and share your message with them.
10. Enjoy the eclectic food and wine of Abruzzo which draws on pastoral, mountain and coastal cuisine
Freshly caught seafood and fish served by the sea while ‘arrosticini’ (meat on skewers) cooked over hot coals is enjoyed al fresco, in the wide outdoors. Served with a glass of Montepulciano D’Abruzzo, of course! Vi aspettiamo!
We are waiting for an update on coronavirus restrictions before finalising dates, but in the meantime, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us to book and find out more!
Call 07517 876626 or email email@example.com