Wear your festive sweater to our charity carol concert
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Magazine will be joining East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star readers singing seasonal carols at Archant Suffolk’s Concert of Carols at Ipswich’s Civic Church, St Mary le Tower, on December 18 at 7pm.
Tickets cost £2 each in aid of Suffolk Family Carers’ fund-raising campaign to buy a mobile centre to support families across the county. To bring an extra touch of colour to the event, the EADT is urging the congregation to wear their brightest Christmas sweaters.
Editor-in-chief Terry Hunt said: “Our carol concert is always a highlight of the Christmas season, and we are very grateful to Canon Jenkin and everyone at St Mary le Tower for allowing us to use this magnificent church.
“Christmas is a time for families, so we are delighted to be able to support Suffolk Family Carers and its efforts to extend the work it does with a new mobile centre.
“I’d like to thank my good friend Mark Murphy [BBC Radio Suffolk] for lending me his lovely Christmas jumper for the photo-call – very tasteful!
“Seriously, though, the carol service will be a great occasion and will raise money for a brilliant cause. We would like as many people to wear their seasonal sweaters as possible to add to the occasion.”
Jacqui Martin, from Suffolk Family Carers, said the concert was a great way for the whole community to behind the charity.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 6 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
She added: “I hope everyone will come along in their brightest Christmas sweaters like us. It’s a great cause and this is a wonderful way of supporting us.”
Tickets for the concert, costing £2 each, can be bought over the counter from the EADT’s Ipswich office or by writing to: Promotions Department, Ipswich Star/EADT, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN including a cheque for and a stamped addressed envelope.