5 things to do in Hertfordshire this week: The best themed walks
- Credit: Archant
With tougher restrictions on what we can do in Herts in place once again, each week we’ll be featuring a selection of walks, things to do at home or places to visit all of which adhere to social distancing guidelines
This week we are featuring a selection of themed walks for you to try in Herts. Please check all links before heading out as locations mentioned may be closed. Please also only travel to locations near you
In the Hertfordshire Chilterns
Take your pick of the Chess Valley, Tring, Berkhamsted and the Ashridge Estate for a walk in the Hertfordshire section of the Chiltern Hills AONB.
Click here for our full list and details on each walk.
By the River Lea
The beauty of the River Lea provides the setting for our next collection of Herts’ best walks as you visit the likes of Hertford, Little Berkhamsted and Harpenden.
Here’s more on our selection of riverside walks.
- 1 Afternoon tea delivery in Suffolk
- 2 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 3 Cotswolds festival The Big Feastival 2021 line up announced
- 4 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 5 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 6 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 7 Celebrate the famous women born in Devon and Dorset this International Women’s Day
- 8 Which flooded village lies beneath Ladybower Reservoir?
- 9 QUIZ - Can you name these spring scenes in Lancashire?
- 10 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
At this time of year there are swathes of beautiful snowdrops bursting out of the ground as we gradually leave winter and head towards spring.
Click here for our pick of the best places to see them.
There’s plenty of pretty parkland in Hertfordshire and these walks are specially tailored to take you past the very best that these locations have to offer.
Click here for details of each walk.
Heartwood Forest, the Ashridge Estate and Balls Wood are just a few of the places we’ve selected for a secluded walk surrounded by towering trees.
Click here to see more.
For more information about any of the events listed above; how to get there, how to book tickets and prices, please follow the links in the event name.
We update 5 things to do in Hertfordshire at the weekend every Monday. If you are in need of inspiration, bookmark this page for events from Friday through to Sunday.