Win a three-course meal and bottle of house wine at The Dorset Arms in Withyham
- Credit: Archant
The Dorset Arms in Withyham has teamed up with Sussex Life to offer two people the chance to win a three course meal plus a bottle of house wine for the month of March.*
The pub has a menu to suit all types of palates with starters such as Crab on Toast and traditional Prawn Cocktail, main courses of Lemon Sole with Brown Shrimps, Samphire & Frites plus Braised Lamb Shank with Minted Jus & Colcannon Mash. There are also the pub classics such as the Buckhurst Burger and a Grill with a variety of steaks on offer. Each day, Head Chef Simon Brazier will conjure up some mouthwatering specials, while there are a choice of salads for those wanting something lighter.
The pub is located in the charming village of Withyham and is part of the Buckhurst Park estate. It prides itself on selling food sourced from the estate, such as the organic Sussex beef from the Buckhurst pedigree herd. Locally sourced food is a key feature of Simon’s menu, who spends much of his free time on the hunt for ingredients available on the estate.
The Dorset Arms Public House in Withyham was built in the 16th century and became an alehouse in the 18th century. Situated in the astoundingly beautiful Sussex Weald. Part of the historic Buckhurst Estate, the pub is named after the Earls and Dukes of Dorset, one time heads of the Sackville family, and shares a heritage of family ownership now headed by their descendant, William Sackville, the 11th Earl De La Warr.
To win this prize simply answer the following question:
What date is Mothers day in 2015?
E-mail your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your full name, address and contact number as well as ‘Dorset Arms Competition’ in the subject line.
*Terms and Conditions: normal Archant terms and conditions apply, the prize is valid for either lunch or dinner Mon – Thurs and Friday Lunch only.
- 1 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 Win a modern Guernsey cushion cover kit
- 8 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex