WIN an indulgent day at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Credit: Archant
Been overdoing it? Too much festive food, too many cocktails, too little sleep?
The mind and body can feel somewhat jaded at this time of year, so, for the ultimate pick-me-up head off to the Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel in Newmarket, indulge in an all-day spa experience and face the world ready to tackle those new year resolutions.
The spa is right next to the four-star Bedford Lodge Hotel in the heart of Newmarket. It’s housed a graceful Georgian building that was once part of the estate of the sixth Duke of Bedford. Months of careful planning and restoration work have gone into creating the right environment and the effect is stunning.
Many of the building’s original features have been retained, including the grand staircase and high ceilings. The result is a warmth and comfort often missing in spas with a more clinical ambience.
The building is huge with room for 10 treatment rooms, relaxation areas, a spacious hydrotherapy pool with five water experiences, outdoor rooftop hot tub, Rasul for cleansing mud treatments, experiential showers and an ice fountain, steam room, sauna and hammam, a couples treatment suite, a beauty room for manicures and pedicures, a therapy room for visiting cosmetic doctors offering non-invasive procedures and a lounge offering both indulgent and healthy food and beverages.
There is an extensive range of treatments using British spa brand ESPA – try the two-hour Lavender Poultice Massage, which uses exfoliation and warm herbal poultices to calm and relax the mind and body. It provides heat to muscles and joints, increasing circulation, and is followed by a purifying and rebalancing massage. A warm, soothing compress infused with lavender follows. Bliss.
There are numerous ways to experience the Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel from single treatments to full spa days and packages with accommodation at the hotel. For the full range go to
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 6 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District